Subscribe to Blog

Sign up below to get this blog e-mailed to you. You'll never miss a post again!

Be You and Be Free

Have you ever thought about who you want to be?  

I have. It usually ended in me looking at people who are externally successful and trying to do what they did and how they did it. The results? A counterproductive life yielding little to no fulfillment.

Then (after many many years) it occurred to me that I had been doing this all wrong.

Rather than thoughts of who I wanted to be, I should strive to understand who I am. After all, everyone else is already taken.

The beautiful truth is that each of us were created uniquely. We have different likes, dislikes, strengths, and struggles.  

What about you? Who are you?  

Ask yourself a few simple questions:What ignites passion and brings peace?  Where is that sweet spot in which strengths and enjoyment collide?  

Do you know?  If not, I highly recommend hanging out with yourself for a while. Journal about your experiences. Be honest about the things you did really well and the things you bombed.  Think about the projects, conversations, or tasks that brought you the most joy and see if there is a common factor linking them. Learn to know yourself and accept yourself.  

Then ask yourself “what version of who I am do I want to be?” I would imagine you'd like to be the BEST version of you possible. To get there you must grow daily, do an extra rep, discover a new fact, do more of what you love and stop worrying about someone else’s version of awesome.

Be the best you possible. It's just another step on the journey to learning to live free!





No comments:

Post a Comment